Thursday 19 June 2008

The Exits at Bank Station


This is just infuriating. I'm doing a walk this Sunday for the City of London Guides, and most of the nearby Underground Stations are closed. So I'm trying to direct people from Bank station, but it's nearly impossible because nobody has a list of where the exits from Bank station are. There are 9 of them, and for the uninitiated or those with no sense of direction, it can be very confusing. It's bad enough that Bank is an evil, twisting spaghetti junction underground. But this apparent refusal to allow people to leave in the direction they would like is simply wrong.

So here, for the benefit of anyone who wants to know, and because it's taken me a long time that I could easily have spent doing something much more useful, is the complete (as far as I know) list of exits from the Bank station booking hall.

Exit 1:....

actually I can't do this. I can't find it. I'm going to have to go to Bank and check. and take photos. and report back. But I will. And I'm going to do it for all the other exits from Tube stations in the City as well. Because quite frankly, this is annoying me.

No comments: